- Parent Controls and other tools to maximise online safety in your home - on all devices
- The 6 Big Current Issues Online - For Parents and Carers
The Office of the eSafety Commisioner has tips and advice for parents and carers on the 6 big current issues:
Cyberbullying, Online Pornography, Nudes and Sexting, Time Online, Gaming and Unwanted Contact and Grooming.
- Parents Guide to Blocking Websites on iPhones and iPads
We are finding that parents are having issues with controlling their child’s screen time.
It’s very simple to block SOME or ALL websites on iPhones and iPads. See link below for simple instructions:
- Survey to 'What websites would you like blocked on your son's BYO iPad?'
Thanks for the many responses and requests. All requests have been acted on.
A few parents have requested to block all websites and just allow the school required sites.
We will look at this option after we have compiled a list of all the websites the the students require for learning and what sites their school apps use.
At this stage there are web search restrictions for adult content in place on those school managed iPads and we are happy to block sites your son is spending too much time on.
- No internet enabled smartwatches are to be worn at school ie. AppleWatch, Samsung Gear etc.
Fitness bands are fine and encouraged.